Thursday 26 June 2014

Review: Butter London 'Knackered'





Butter London has always been a brand that I have had my eye on, even back when it was only sold in the U.S and I envied the shades I saw featured in countless American NOTDs. So when I spied a Butter London stand in my local Boots, I couldn't resist picking up one of the most unique shades they have to offer. Knackered was the obvious first choice for me, as any iridescent, chameleon-like shade that surprises me with a different colour when the lighting changes has my name written all over it.

This choice definitely didn’t disappoint, with the colours visible ranging from silver to teal to lilac, always with pretty micro glitter running through. The only single negative to this is how difficult it was to photograph! However, the effect is beautiful and has a galaxy look about it, with the tiny glitter particles and metallic shine.

The application of this polish is a dream, with a chunky brush meaning effortless nail painting. The only slight drawback is that around 3 coats are needed for full opacity, however, because of the streak free application, this takes no time at all and is definitely worth it. To create a more dramatic look, Knackered can be used as an iridescent topcoat over darker polishes, however, for the summer months, I love the look of a sheer iridescent hue.

Do you own any Butter London polishes that I should add to my wish list?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Great post love!
    Love your blog so much!
    Would you mind checking out mine,and following but only if you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually gorgeous! May have to purchase this now.

    shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so pretty!
      Butter London is becoming one of my fav nail polish brands! :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful color!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning colour so beautiful reminds me of petrol a mirror effect. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does have that kind of petrol/ oil look! :)

      Delete
  5. amazing colour! :D

    http://kasiabielec.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

© Gracie Sees. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig