Tuesday 5 May 2015

Avene Hydrance Optimale Light


I had hoped that the Avene Hydrance Optimal Light would mark the end of my quest for a reasonably priced, yet good quality moisturiser. I have been dealt the card of difficult combination skin; which is oily all over, but with dry patches on the surface (weird, I know). Because of these two very different skin types, it is hard to find a moisturiser that will prevent me looking shiny, whilst also giving enough moisture to the dry patches on my nose and forehead. I had read many a rave review on this moisturiser, with bloggers claiming that it was very light in texture, whilst also being moisturising.

However, unfortunately for me, this moisturiser did not provide enough moisture to nourish the dry areas of my skin. The consistency is very light and sinks into the skin almost instantly, so it just didn’t provide adequate moisture on the drier areas of my skin. This cream would be perfect for someone with very oily skin, as it doesn’t feel at all greasy and gives a mattifying finish.

This lotion has a very pleasant, clean scent and is reasonably priced at for 30ml, but unfortunately, I won’t be repurchasing.

What’s your daily moisturiser of choice?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I really like the scent of Avene products too :) it's a shame it wasn't quite right for you I'm a big fan of Boots No.7 skincare at the moment :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need an exfoliant to clear up the oil and dry patches in one go! What's the rest of your skincare routine like? Anyway I generally like Avene's product but if your nighttime moisturizer isn't doing the job the daytime one won't make things up. Lovely review xx

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that you face similar problems as I do :D. I didn't like the Avène moisturizer either ( got a sample). Have you tried the clarisonic before? I know it's really a splurge but it has saved my skin :D. Thanks anyway for the review ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad it didn't work out. Thanks for the review!

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a shame this didn't work for you! I'm always after something that will balance my combination skin, hydrating it where it needs but not aggravating my shine. The search continues...xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bummer it didn't work for you! :(

    Courtney | http://courtselizabeth.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Simple do fantastic cheaper moisturisers! I also like Una Brennan too if you're looking to try something else :) x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Gracie Sees. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig